TYPES OF DUI CRIMES IN BOISE
ARRESTED FOR DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE?
Do not assume that a DUI crime is simply driving under the influence or DWI (driving while intoxicated). In fact, the laws surrounding drinking and driving can be endlessly complex—and not all DUI-related crimes are considered equal.
If you would like to learn more about the different types of DUI crimes, read below:
- Aggravated DUI: In Idaho, it is an “aggravated DUI” if someone is found to be driving with a blood alcohol level of 0.20 or higher. This carries harsher penalties.
- Drugged Driving: DUI does not just mean driving under the influence of alcohol—it also includes drivers who are impaired by drugs, including illegal and legal drugs.
- DUI Car Accidents: It is considered to be an even worse crime to drive while drunk and then cause an accident. If serious bodily injury was caused, penalties will be elevated.
- DUI Manslaughter: DUI manslaughter occurs when a DUI accident results in a death. Penalties for this crime can include up to a $10,000 fine and 15 years of incarceration.
- DUI with Property Damage: Individuals who are found guilty of causing a DUI accident resulting in property damage will face penalties that include up to 1 year in jail.
- Felony DUI: While DUI is often considered a misdemeanor, there are certain circumstances that can lead to it becoming a felony—such as a fourth conviction.
GET AGGRESSIVE DEFENSE YOU CAN TRUST
Regardless of whether this is your first DUI offense or if you have multiple DUI convictions already on your record, you can trust in the experienced defense of Boise Advocate to help protect your legal rights. To take the first step in your defense, do not hesitate to contact our firm as soon as possible. We offer free case evaluations. Call 24 Hours a Day, 208-391-2057 to request yours.